By Yi Huang
Practical, concise and entire reference for the fundamentals of contemporary antenna design
Antennas: from idea to Practice discusses the fundamentals of contemporary antenna layout and concept. constructed particularly for engineers and architects who paintings with radio communications, radar and RF engineering, this booklet bargains sensible and hands-on therapy of antenna thought and methods, and gives its readers the talents to examine, layout and degree numerous antennas.
- Provides thorough insurance at the fundamentals of transmission strains, radio waves and propagation, and antenna research and design
- Discusses commercial general layout software program instruments, and antenna dimension gear, amenities and techniques
- Covers electrically small antennas, cellular antennas, UWB antennas and new fabrics for antennas
- Also discusses reconfigurable antennas, RFID antennas, Wide-band and multi-band antennas, radar antennas, and MIMO antennas
- Design examples of varied antennas are provided
- Written in a pragmatic and concise demeanour by way of authors who're specialists in antenna layout, with event from either academia and industry
This publication should be a useful source for engineers and architects operating in RF engineering, radar and radio communications, looking a finished and useful advent to the fundamentals of antenna layout. The booklet is usually used as a textbook for complex scholars getting into a career during this box
Read Online or Download Antennas. From theory to practice PDF
Similar microwaves books
Discusses frequency multipliers at a degree that's understandable to engineers within the box and scholars in a graduate-level microwave path. DLC: Microwave units.
This up to date and enlarged re-creation of Semiconductor Optics presents an advent to and an outline of semiconductor optics from the IR during the noticeable to the UV. insurance contains linear and nonlinear optical homes, dynamics, magneto- and electrooptics, high-excitation results, a few purposes, experimental suggestions and staff conception.
Adapted to the desires of medicinal and typical items chemists, the second one version of this precise instruction manual brings the contents up to the mark, virtually doubling the quantity of chemical details with an extra quantity. As within the predecessor, a brief introductory part covers the theoretical historical past and evaluates presently on hand instrumentation and gear.
This publication is dedicated to investigations of non-stationary electromagnetic approaches. It deals a great chance to introduce the Volterra imperative equation strategy extra broadly to the electromagnetic group. the specific mathematical concept is mixed with examples of its program in electromagnetic units, optoelectronics, and photonics, the place time-domain equipment turn into a strong software for modeling.
- Frequency Stability: Introduction and Applications
- Microwave Devices, Circuits and Subsystems for Communications Engineering
- Optical Imaging Sensors and Systems for Homeland Security Applications (Advanced Sciences and Technologies for Security Applications)
- Wireless mesh networks: architectures and protocols
- Fundamentals of RF and Microwave Transistor Amplifiers
Extra resources for Antennas. From theory to practice
5. 30) since the distance should not be negative and we have used l = −z and tanh(−γ l) = − tanh(γ l). 33) This is a very useful equation. Special attention should be paid to the following cases: r Matched case: Z L = Z 0 Z in (l) = Z 0 , the input impedance is the same as the characteristic impedance and is not a function of the length of the line. 34) The input impedance has no resistance, just reactance (capacitive for small l). r Short circuit: Z L = 0 Z in (l) = j Z 0 tan(βl) Again, the input impedance has no resistance, just reactance (inductive for small l).
B. e. 19 dB The return loss is slightly increased, as expected. 8. e. 47l dB. 9. 41) Obviously, the VSWR is just another measure of how well a transmission line is matched with its load. Unlike the reflection coefficient, the VSWR is a scalar and has no phase information. For a nonperfect transmission line, the VSWR is a function of the length of the line (l) as well as the load impedance and the characteristic impedance of the line. But for a lossless transmission line, the VSWR is the same at any reference point of the line.
B. e. 98 d B for l = 0 and λ/4, and actually any length of such a transmission line. 5: Reflection coefficient and return loss of a low-loss transmission line. 2 Np/m at 1 GHz. a. What is the voltage reflection coefficient for l = 0 and λ/4, respectively? b. Plot the return loss as a function of the line length. 5. 2 Np/m. 5 a. 1952 Z L + Z0 This means that not only the phase of the reflection coefficient but also the amplitude is changed when the length of the transmission line is increased by a quarter-wavelength.
Antennas. From theory to practice by Yi Huang